With Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and all the pressures of holiday shopping coming up, the question of which gifts to buy is at the forefront of the mind. So while you’re thinking of gifting, why not give meaningful eco-friendly gifts!
Here is my list of favorite sustainable fashion companies and some discount codes (though they all have great Black Friday discounts – some starting today – too!).
Happy Earth Apparel
For the graphic tee friend in your group! Use my code “kayley15” for 15% off (but they do have better deals this holiday season).
- Give back: 50% of profits are dedicated to environmental conservation
- Material: only source sustainable textiles
- Packaging: from recycled materials
For the vibrant legging lovers – check out their holiday collection, so cute! Use my code “resourceful” for 20% off!
- Material: 79% Recycled Plastic (P.E.T.) and 21% Spandex
- Water usage: don’t do any kind of pre-washing or silicone washing. This saves precious water and eliminates chemical runoff
- Process: made from recycled polyester or nylon (“comes from a process carried out by a company called Aquafil SpA which reforms fishing nets collected from the world’s oceans, carpet fluff and other nylon containing material that would otherwise end up in landfill into new fabric”)
For the rugged adventurist, they have everything from basics to the best climbing pants.
- Material: use organic cotton and hemp
- Give back: They invest in people committed to making a fundamental change in the way clothing is made and forge partnerships with dedicated organizations like Fair Trade, bluesign®, Textile Exchange, Responsible Down Standard, and many more
For everyday wear, with fun prints! Especially good for going from gym to brunch.
- Material: sourced from organic cotton, eucalyptus, recycled plastic, hemp, recycled cotton, and vegetable dye
- Give back: operation empowers human beings through fair-trade, fair conditions, and fair treatment
For underwear and basics made from silky smooth bamboo!
- Material: viscose made from bamboo
- Process: produced adhering to the highest standards for both the planet and workers
For all your shoe needs! Plus much more activewear.
- Material processing: taking steps to understand and minimize negative environmental impacts. Have joined the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC)
- Process: help suppliers invest in meaningful energy efficiency and carbon reduction initiatives
Surprised that this company is on my list? Check out my NB dedicated blog post here.
For trendy and fun activewear. (click the link above to receive 20% off.)
- Material: increasing the use of recycled materials (recycled PET and wool) and cotton
- Packaging: from recycled paper materials
- Give back: partner with eco-companies and generate funds for conservation
Of course, this list isn’t all-encompassing of the great sustainable fashion companies out there, but these are some that I’ve tried and am happy to recommend! I hope this guide has sparked some ideas for great eco-friendly gifts!
(Some of the links provided in this post are affiliate links – meaning that I will receive a small commission with any sale – but all opinions are my own.)
How are you shopping sustainably this season? Have you tried or want to try any of these brands?
Leave a Reply